Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, this week's topic: Top Ten Covers You'd Frame as Artwork.
1. Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter
2. The Whole Golden World by Kristina Riggle
3. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
4. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton
5. Duplex by Kathryn Davis
6. Love in the Time of Global Warming by Francesca Lia Block
7. Eli the Good by Silas House
8. Swimming in the Monsoon Sea by Shyam Selvadurai
9. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs...creepy but cool!
10. I'll Be There by Holly Goldberg Sloan
Monday, May 5, 2014
Hey folks! The Monday Miscellany segment on the blog is where I take off my reader glasses and share some non-bookish musings. This week I want to talk about the improvements that we've made so far this spring!
- As you can see we've really purtified our mailbox! Now I just need to add some sweet potato leaf and flowers in the mailbox planter.
- We re-did all of the plant beds. They are now filled with hostas, heuchera, hydrangea, and a sprinkling of other ornamental plants and shrubs. Also, my hubby spread all of the mulch himself this weekend - what a feat!
- Killed the dandelions and re-seeded the lawn...I think our neighbors will be thankful not to look at our horrendous lawn anymore!
- We removed the giant smoke bush that blocked our living room window...I was hoping to save this and re-plant it elsewhere but we weren't able to :(
- Next up, paint that door red!
Labels: monday miscellany