Monday, November 21, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? & Mailbox Monday


Hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.  We share books that we've read over the past week and those we hope to read this week.  

Last Week:
I've been on a kind of reading blah lately- call it a bookish malaise if you will.  Anyways, my reading accomplishments have been less than impressive, but here they are:

  • Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (liked it even more than Anna and the French Kiss)!
  • halfway through The Informationist but I think I'm giving up...it's not bad, but it's not holding my attention either...I read this because of comparisons to Stieg Larsson's Millenium Trilogy but I just don't find the protagonist as sympathetic as Lisbeth.
  • also partially through The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman...but holy cow it's a long book!  It's due back to the library in 2 days - hopefully I can finish it by then!
This Week:
  • Leisl & Po by Lauren Oliver
  • Shades of Milk and Honey by Mary Robinette Kowal
  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
  • Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan (for the Btown Booksters holiday meeting)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Mailbox Monday is a touring meme where book bloggers share their bookish acquisitions from the week prior.  It is hosted this month by the Mailbox Monday blog.

This past week I received some fantastic goodies!

The Orchid House by Lucinda Riley (courtesy of Simon & Schuster)

The Baker's Daughter by Sarah McCoy (courtesy of Crown Publishing)

Carry the One by Carol Anshaw (courtesy of Simon & Schuster)

And lastly, I received The Spy Who Jumped Off the Screen by Thomas Caplan (courtesy of Viking)

What goodies did you folks get?!

    10 comments:

    1. I have been wanting to read Dash & Lily's Book of Dares, I have seen good reviews of it.

      ReplyDelete
    2. WOW, they all look good!
      Happy Reading!
      Dollycas
      http://www.escapewithdollycas.com/

      ReplyDelete
    3. A nice mailbox, The Orchid House , looks interesting, pretty cover.

      ReplyDelete
    4. The Orchid House and The Baker's daughter are both going on my wish list. I hope you have a great week!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Some great looking books I have not heard of before.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Oh man, I still need to read Anna and the French Kiss AND Lola and the Boy Next Door!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Seeing so many people enjoying The Night Circus, hope you love it too.

      ReplyDelete
    8. I have been wanting to read The Dovekeepers. The cover for The Orchid House is beautiful!

      Have a great week!

      ReplyDelete
    9. I read a rave review for The Dovekeepers today. Hope you enjoy it!

      ReplyDelete
    10. i finished the HEIRESS BY SUE WARREN
      AND IT GREAT BOOK I HAVE 13 MORE TO GO

      ReplyDelete