Friday, December 9, 2011

Follow Friday


Happy Follow Friday!  Click on the pic to be taken to a whole slew of new book blogs.  The question of the day:

Q: Keeping with the Spirit of Giving this season, what book do you think EVERYONE should read and if you could, you would buy it for all of your family and friends?

This is a toughie...it's hard to find a book that has a wide appeal.  I'm going to cheat and choose a couple of books.

From this year, I'd choose When She Woke by Hillary Jordan.  This book is not only an engaging read but it brings up some great issues.  Also, when I was describing this book to a friend, another friend of mine said "That movie sounds awesome!  When does it come out?"  LOL!  I told him, much to his disappointment, he'd have to read it rather than watch it.

For my all-time pick, I would choose Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.  Such a funny and entertaining read!  I don't see how anyone couldn't enjoy it!

Have a fantastic weekend folks! 

11 comments:

  1. When She Woke has been on my list for a while, and I haven't heard of Good Omens, which is very odd. I have now though! and it is going to be added.

    New Follower!
    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. When She Woke sounds amazing! I'll have to check it out especially since The Scarlet Letter is one of my favorite "classics." Old follower.

    Here's mine: http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this was a tough question too! When She Woke looks really good, I'd love to get a book like that for Christmas.
    Happy #FF and Happy Reading!
    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of either of those, but they both sound great! I hope you have a good friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When she woke sounds really good. Thanks for introducing me to a new book. New Follower. =]
    Here is My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome choices. I love your blog and I'm following now.

    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah, I actually have When She Woke and I haven't made it around to reading it yet. I KNOW how incredible it is, though, and I'm beating myself up for it. (The truth is, it is loaned out at the moment. But my friend is totally trustworthy and won't keep it too much longer, so I don't have to worry.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just hopping through, great pick!
    Follower!
    Cassy @ Late Night Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices. Following through GFC.
    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through. I want to read Good Omens. I love Neil Gaiman.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete