Thursday, May 5, 2011

Beach Reading: Lauren Willig

This is my third "Beach Reading" post and I just realized that people probably have different ideas as to the exact type of book they consider a beach read.  To clarify, in my opinion...beach reads are fun, compelling, light novels (i.e. books that do not require much higher-level thinking).  Is that what most people consider beach reads?  I wasn't sure.  Anyways, now that I've cleared that up...here's my latest recommendation of the beach variety:


The Pink Carnation series by Lauren Willig!  I LOVE these Regency capers.  Some 1800s adventure, romance and a bit of swashbuckling - how fun!  These novels are the reason I didn't have a post yesterday...I just couldn't tear myself away.  Now that I've finally come up for air (I just finished The Seduction of the Crimson Rose) I had to immediately rave about this series.  If you like Christi Phillips' books - The Rossetti Letter and The Devlin Diary - you are sure to like Willig's carnation series (and vice versa).  Here is the author's recommended reading order for the series:
  1. The Secret History of the Pink Carnation
  2. The Masque of the Black Tulip 
  3. The Deception of the Emerald Ring 
  4. The Seduction of the Crimson Rose 
  5. The Mischief of the Mistletoe
  6. Ivy and Intrigue
  7. The Temptation of the Night Jasmine 
  8. The Betrayal of the Blood Lily
  9. The Orchid Affair 
  10. Pink IX (coming January 2012)
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment