1. In the Woods by Tana French - an Irish crime thriller that's extremely well-written!
2. Good Omens by Terri Pratchett and Neil Gaiman - hilarious tale of the apocalypse.
3. Any book by Oliver Sachs - nonfiction for those intrigued by how the brain works.
4. The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell - a priest and his friends in space...sounds strange but it's a terrific book!
5. Back Roads by Tawni O'Dell - extremely disturbing novel about a really messed-up family, but very good (soon to be a movie starring Andrew Garfield and Jennifer Garner).
6. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline - a fun science fiction book that heavily references 80's pop-culture (my husband really liked this one).
7. Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond - nonfiction for history-lovers.
8. What is the What by Dave Eggers - the true story of an actual lost boy of Sudan.
9. Peace Like a River by Leif Enger - a modern Western that is beautifully written with a spiritual message.
10. Anything by David Sedaris for a good laugh.