Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, this week's topic: Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book
  1. J. D. Salinger all the way!  I'm a Salinger freak and would love it if he had written another book in his lifetime.
  2. Christi Phillips - she writes such fun historical fiction with a twinge of mystery!  I know she is supposedly writing a new book set in France but I haven't heard much about its progress.
  3. Stieg Larsson - I'm not usually much of a thriller fan but his Millenium Trilogy was unputdownable!  Unfortunately, his untimely death means no more Larsson books in the future.
  4. Hermann Hesse - his philosophical novels are so thought-provoking!  I would love it if he had written another before his passing.
  5. Sarah Addison Allen - she just published The Peach Keeper but I already want more!  She's fantastic with Southern magical realism novels and I just eat them up.
  6. F. Scott Fitzgerald - another one of my favorite authors!  Who wouldn't love to read another book about 1930s decadence from this master?
  7. Patrick Rothfuss - this is a bit of a cheat because I know he's in the process of writing the last novel of his Kingkiller Chronicles.  However, I also predict that it will be several years before I can get my greedy hands on this book!
  8. Jane Austen - can you imagine if she had written another??  She died much too young, if it had been otherwise we would doubtless have many more masterpieces from Austen.
  9. Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Games Trilogy was such a great addition to current YA - I'd love to see what she comes up with next!
  10. Kate Morton - I really loved The Forgotten Garden and I eagerly look forward to her next endeavor!

9 comments:

  1. Yeah for Suzanne Collins and Jane Austen! Your other choices are great as well especially F. Scott Fitzgerald...I forgot to add him to my list.

    Jennifer
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-ten-tuesday-8-authors-i-wish-would.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about Sarah Addison Allen, I don't think I could ever get tired of reading her books! I would have liked another Salinger book too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on Christi Phillips! I know she stopped blogging awhile ago to work on it. I hope to hear more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stieg Larsson was on my list as well...the trilogy blew me away and Lisabeth Salander is a heroine that's difficult to forget! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also put Jane Austen and Suzanne Collins. Love those two. Fitzgerald is good not my fav, but good.

    And I've been dying to read more Salinger. Great list.

    Here's mine: http://danicapage.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-ten-authors-i-wish-would-write.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love for Fitzgerald to be able to write another book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list. I have Sarah Addison Allen and Kate Morton on my list, too. I should have added Suzanne Collins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rothfuss and Austen, yes! I haven't read The Wise Man's Fear, yet, mainly because I know I'll have to wait several years to read the series' conclusion. It's like torture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely, Stieg Larsson. I wish we could've seen that series to completion. I can't bring myself to read the last book because when I do, I know it is over for good and I have loved the first two so much. And yes, I know that is super corny.

    ReplyDelete