Thursday, March 8, 2012

E-book Competition...It's About Time!!

You guys, did you hear about the new Google Play???  It's basically direct competition for online sellers of movies, music, books, and apps.  Of course, I'm most interested in the books part.  So, I went on the site and like Kindle and Nook, it has deals on e-books "100 books for $3.99 or less."


I figured it would be similar to the other sites where it would mostly be uninteresting books with a few hidden gems.  Not the case my friends, not the case at all!  Check out the "creme de la creme" of the books they're offering:
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
  • The Princess Bride by William Goldman
  • Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke
  • Lavinia by Ursula Le Guin
  • A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
  • Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead
  • Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale
  • Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
  • A River Runs Through It by Norman Maclean
There are so many more great books offered, I just picked my favorites.  This has me so excited because guess what happened?  Amazon matched all of these prices!!  It's about time some competition brought these e-book prices down!  So what do you guys think of this new development?  Are you happy about it?  Do you think this competitive pricing will last?  Let me know in the comments!

7 comments:

  1. Wow- this is great news! e- books have been way too expensive and I hope these great deals last. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news! I Looooove the Princess Bride. Most people don't realize its a book since the movie is so iconic, but it is such a good book :)

    -Kate the Book Buff
    The Book Buff: Book Reviews for Regular People

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first I have heard about this will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for Sharing! I'm going to go check this out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this! I bought Beauty Queens and Mama Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip - time to stock uo my summer vacation reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! I've never heard of this site before. Competition is so good; especially when it comes to ebook prices!

    ReplyDelete