Friday, March 9, 2012

TGIF 3/9


Ginger over at GReads created this fantastic TGIF meme featuring a question and a weekly recap. 

This Friday's Question:

Promote An Author: Is there a particular author you wish got more recognition? 
Pick one author & tell us why we should read their work.

After reading the wonderful To Say Nothing of the Dog, I'd like to promote Connie Willis.  I've never had so much fun reading a book - the hilarious characters and scenarios had me chortling aloud!

The next two books I'd like to read of hers is from her newer All Clear series: Blackout and All Clear.  The summaries detail more time-traveling historians, so I'm all in!


Come Christmas-time, I know I'm gonna be reading Doomsday Book (look at that wintery setting on the cover) and Miracle and Other Christmas Stories (murder mystery capers, sci-fi adventures, and heartwarming tales all in one volume)!


3 comments:

  1. Time traveling historians you say? Excuse me while I faint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like I've found a new author to stalk, ummm, I mean follow...

    New follower via TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I really like the sound of To Say Nothing of the Dog. Thanks for the heads up! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete