Friday, March 2, 2012

11 Q&A's

I was tagged by Melissa at The Avid Reader's Musings to answer the following questions (right before I left for vacation...so now I'm finally getting to it)! 

THE RULES
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!

Melissa's Questions:
1. What's your favorite souvenir you've bought on a trip?
I bought this tiny carafe that is made to look like an ancient globe and comes with these two teensy glasses that attach to the carafe when I was in Florence, Italy.  It's adorable and I love it!

2. How many times have you moved?
10 - yeesh!  And I'm about to move again this summer!!

3. What movie should win the Best Picture Oscar this year?
Wow, this is sad.  I'm not the biggest movie-goer, so I've only seen "Moneyball" and "The Descendants."  Of those, I liked "Moneyball" the best.  Still, I don't think it should be the winner (despite not seeing many of the others).  I was kinda rooting for "Hugo" (I meant to see this while it was still in the theater...but now I'm gonna have to wait until it's out on video).

4. Do you have a dream job? What is it?
I definitely wouldn't mind being a librarian!  But in reality, my Master's is in public policy...so I'd like to be a policy researcher.

5. Favorite Girl Scout cookie?
Samoas all the way!!

6. Guilty pleasure TV show you watch?
Let's see, "Glee" and "Project Runway" are two that come to mind.  I also started watching "Gossip Girl" via Netflix :)

7. What question do you hate it when people ask you?
"What kind of music do you listen to?"  It's too difficult to encompass one's musical tastes in one swift answer...I almost always say, "welp, a little bit of everything" (which is pretty much what most people's answer is to this question).  Although, I'm sure I've been guilty of asking this question of others :)

8. Your favorite pet you've ever owned?
My mutt doggy Malfi (she was named after the play The Duchess of Malfi).  She was the sweetest most wonderful dog ever and I miss her dearly!

9. What's the first book you remember reading?
I remember the first chapter book I ever read was called The Teddybear Tree by Barbara Dillon.

10. What's your favorite drink?
Haha, probably Diet Coke...but herbal tea is quickly becoming a favorite of mine!

11. What's one thing on your Bucket List?
 I'll answer this with something Bloomington-specific (where I currently live).  I would like to request and read Shakespeare's Folio from IU's Lilly Library

Okay, here's my questions:
1.  Do you have other hobbies besides reading?  If so, what are they?
2.  Breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
3.  What is a trip that you are dying to go on?
4.  What book do you want EVERYONE to read?
5.  What is (or what would be) your favorite karaoke song?
6.  Have you ever had any nicknames?  If so, what are/were they?
7.  What's your most favorite epigraph?
8.  What is your biggest pet peeve?
9.  What is your favorite game (board games, cards, etc.)?
10.  Christmas or Halloween?
11.  What does your dream home library look like?

Tag!  You're It!
Asheley from Into the Hall of Books
Ellie from Curiosity Killed the Bookworm
Lisa from Lisa is Busy Nerding
Kailana from The Written World
Evan/Erin from The Two Bibliomaniacs
Karen from Books and Chocolate 
Jo from Fluidity of Time
JP from Elle Lit

4 comments:

  1. I'll have to answer your questions when I've caught up on my other stuff...a couple of days off the computer and I'm all behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks for the tag! I will answer in the next few days. I was tagged by someone else, too, so can do it all at once. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First comment (coming back later) -- thank you for tagging me!! I'm posting shortly on that ... and love your questions!!

    Will return to comment on your own answers. :)

    ReplyDelete