Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Covers

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, this week's topic: Top Ten Favorite Covers.  So many good ones to choose from...so I'll try and narrow it down by choosing recently published books.

1. What is the What by Dave Eggers - this cover made me snatch this book up (I also drooled a little bit at its beauty).

2.  When She Woke by Hillary Jordan - simple, two-toned, but immediately intrigues.

3.  The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta - again, this is an attention-grabber.

4.  The Sisters Brothers by Patrick DeWitt - freakin' awesome!

5.  The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness - gosh I love this series...even the covers are superb!

6.  A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness - I thought this was a really unique cover.  It made me think, "what kind book about witches looks like this?"  Unfortunately, the cover for the sequel missed the mark a bit for me.

7.  The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley - gorgeous!

8.  The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender - I love the cake with the person-shaped shadow...very appropriate for this book.

9.  The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss - spooky and mysterious!

10.  The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - this cover was a minor bit of controversy.  It is very atypical for a YA cover (causing some to dislike it) but is designed by one of the top book cover designers Rodrigo Corral (of Super Sad True Love Story and The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao fame).  It's different, it pops...I like it! :)

7 comments:

  1. The Fault in Our Stars is a beautiful cover! We are reading it for book club next month and I can't wait! Here is my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Winter Sea cover, and such a great book to read as well as look at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about The Knife of Never Letting Go. All of the covers for the series are so awesome!

    Alison at The Cheap Reader

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never properly looked at the cover for Knife of Never Letting Go (shame on me) didn't realise it was a knife and not just a red line. I do like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. some interesting covers you have there. The sisters brothers cover is really cool btw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh I was millimeters away from putting The Name of the Wind on my list, but didn't. I did put When She Woke on there - love the red. I love The Sisters Brothers cover too - the cover makes me want to read the book even though the reviews I've read have been varied.

    And I love the Chaos Walking covers too, of course. I think The Ask and The Answer is my favorite of the three.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the cover for The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake but I wasn't a big fan of the book itself.

    ReplyDelete