The Broke and the Bookish, this week's topic: Top Ten Books (On My Shelf) I'd Play Hooky With
1. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline - I bought this book eagerly anticipating reading it ASAP, but then I thought the hubs would like it. Unfortunately, after he borrowed and loved it, I just never got around to reading it!
2. Boy's Life by Robert McCammon - this one's a chunkster, perfect to play hooky with!
3. She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb
4. American Gods by Neil Gaiman - can you believe I've never read a Gaiman book?? I know, my nerd card is revoked! Well, I take that back, I've read Good Omens but that doesn't really count since it's co-authored. Anyways, it's time I read some Gaiman!
5. Looking for Alaska by John Green - I love his books and would most definitely play hooky for the chance to read another :)
6. Middlemarch by George Eliot - if I'm going to play hooky, might as well better myself by reading a classic, right?
7. The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley - I think this is
by far and away the longest book on my shelves...I could likely play
hooky for a solid week with this sucker!
8. Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison - from the title alone, this sounds like a rip-roaring time!
9. A Man in Full by Tom Wolfe - another of my biggest books and one of my two Wolfe books that I have yet to read!
10. Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry - another chunkster that I can't wait to read!