Monday, October 17, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? & Mailbox Monday


Hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.  We share books that we've read over the past week and those we hope to read this week.  

Last Week:
It appears I was on a bit of an Austen kick last week :)

  • The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Taylor Laini
  • Pemberley Ranch by Jack Caldwell
  • Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale (copy courtesy of Bloomsbury)
This Week:
I'd like to get to these books:

  • The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
  • The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury (yay Halloween!)
  • Shades of Milk and Honey by Mary Robinette Kowal
  • The Merchant's Daughter by Melanie Dickerson

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Mailbox Monday is a touring meme where book bloggers share their bookish acquisitions from the week prior.  It is hosted this month by Savvy Verse and Wit.

This past week I received all sorts of goodies!

The Marriage Artist by Andrew Winer (courtesy of Henry Holt and Co.)

MWF Seeking BFF by Rachel Bertshe (courtesy of Random House)

The Traitor's Daughter by Paula Brandon (courtesy of Random House)

The Demi-Monde: Winter by Rod Rees (courtesy of Harper Collins)

13 comments:

  1. Traitor's daughter sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy all your books. I have pemberley ranch as well. Hopefully I can read it before the end of the year to finish up the civil war reading challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, "Traitor's Daughter" sounds good! The cover alone is gorgeous!

    http://missourireadings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great books this week, I would love to read them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MWF sounds like a good read. I can't wait to see what you think of it. I am off to check out The Marriage Artist. Both the cover and title have intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great reading ahead, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/mailbox-monday_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard mixed things about the Shannon Hale Austenland books - would you recommend them?

    Some great-looking new books there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, The Traitor's Daughter. LOVE the cover, LOVE the summary. I'd probably love the book too if I had time to read it. It needs to go on my list.

    How are you liking Smoke & Bone?

    ~Asheley

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Shannon - I recommend them with the caveat that they are definitely fluff/silly but are also very fun :)

    @Asheley - I really enjoyed it! I didn't write a review b/c it seems that everyone is reviewing/loving this book and I didn't really have anything all that original to add to the mix :) I can't wait for the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to read The Sky is Everywhere. I'll be anxious to see how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They all looks good to me!

    I spent last week rebooting my blog on Wordpress. I hope you will stop by and let me know what you think.
    http://www.escapewithdollycas.com/

    Dollycas
    HAPPY READING!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I downloaded Midnight in Austenland (from NetGalley) but I plan to wait a bit to read it. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete