- Immediately I thought of The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness - it is the craziest cliffhanger ever...I might have squeaked, or squawked aloud after finishing the last pages of this book (thank goodness the sequel was already out by the time I read this)!
- The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton - what a shocker of an ending - sheesh!
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - I was very upset with the turn of events at the end of this book, I didn't see it coming at all!
- The Adventures of the Princess and Mr. Whiffle by Patrick Rothfuss - there are actually 3 "OMG - really?!?" endings...but the last one is especially surprising :)
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare - what an unexpected twist!
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness - the ending wasn't really astonishing but I was left sputtering "but, wait...it can't stop there!"
- Back Roads by Tawni O'Dell - there are some major twists and turns in this book, I was shocked at the final outcome.
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver - seriously, can the sequel get here already!!
- Fingersmith by Sarah Waters - so many twists in this book, I was flabbergasted by the ending!
- The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield - again, this gothic tale had a serious stunner of a "whoa!" moment :)
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Top Ten Tuesday: Shocking Endings
The Broke and the Bookish, this week's topic: Top Ten Endings That Left My Mouth Hanging Open
Labels: top ten tuesday