Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday Hop

Book Blogger Hop

The Book Blogger Hop hosted by crazy-for-books.com.  Click on the icon above to be taken to a list of book blogs...it's enjoyable to peruse and you may just find a couple of fun blogs to follow!  This week's question:


 “What is your favorite Halloween costume?
Even if you don’t celebrate, what kinds of costumes do you like?”

I loooooove Halloween and costumes are the best part!  I really can't choose a favorite costume, so I'll show you a bunch of recent favorites instead.  In response to the second question, I like all costumes (especially silly ones) but prefer not to do "sexy" versions of things...much too cold in October to be wearing skimpy outfits!  Ok, recent costumes:

This year I'm going as Denise from the SNL Laurence Welk skit:

Last year we hosted a handmade costume party, and look at this wonderful group shot!
Favorites: campfire (center), Borat (right), Anglerfish (right)

Last year I attended another party and went as the Warhol painting of Marilyn Monroe
Cookie monster and I are wondering "where's Waldo?"
The year before that we had an 80's theme party, my fav costume was my hubby as Tron
80s gal, My Little Pony (me), Tron (hubs), and 80s couple
  Probably my favorite all-time costume (for myself) was when I went as a Freudian Slip.  I wore a slip dress, big mens cable knit sweater, "Hello My Name Is: Dr. Freud" nametag, and I carried around a cigar :)
My "redneck" friend and I
 I can't wait to hear about your favorite costumes!  Happy Halloweenie folks!

5 comments:

  1. Great pics! I love that SNL Lawrence Welk skit, Kristin Wiig is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great costume idea's. Happy Reading and have a Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic costumes. Very creative. My favorite has to be the Warhol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesss! Please post photos of your costume this year. The Lawrence Welk sketch makes me laugh until I cry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the Warhol one! New follower, it's good find find another eclectic book blogger.

    ReplyDelete