Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Summer TBR


Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, this week's topic: Top Ten Books on My Summer TBR List.  So hard to know for sure what I'm going to read but this is my tentative list:

1.  Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness - I've been impatiently waiting for this book ever since I read the first book in this series!!

2.  The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey - sometimes it's nice to read about the cold when it's sweltering!

3.  Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi - I've heard lots of good things so I'm excited to read this!

4.  The Rebel Wife by Taylor M. Polites - I need some historical fiction in my life!

5.  Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry (Btown Booksters next read!)

6.  Scarlet by A. C. Gaughen - the cover alone sold me :)

7.  The Probable Future by Alice Hoffman - recommended by Anne over at The Book Garden and I can't wait to read it!

8.  Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly - this one's been on my TBR for too long!

9.  Daughter of the Blood by Anne Bishop - recommended by the always reliable Jen at Introverted Reader.

10.  Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty - perfect for reading by the pool!

14 comments:

  1. I am excited for Shadow of Night too! I hope you love The Probable Future as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, A Northern Light is one of my favorite books EVER. I hope you read and fall madly in love with it as I have.

    I'm pretty curious about Lonesome Dove. I've heard the audio for that is fantastic.

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I want to read Scarlet! I also want to read the book before Shadow of Night. There is a ton of stuff I want to read! lol.

    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must read The Snow Child--the cover just sucks me right in! And thanks for highlighting Alice Hoffman's The Probable Future, that's another I want to read soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Under the Never Sky, simply amazing.
    Great list of books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm actually reading Sloppy Firsts right now. I just started it on the train this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are some intriguing covers on your list -- I'll have to check some of these out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh I have heard amazing things about Scarlet, it's on my list as well and I can't wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. New Follower. Shadow of Night is a book I've been wanting to read also. Nice list.
    --Jenese
    http://readersconfession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Alice Hoffman but I haven't read the title you posted. Lonesome Dove is an interesting pick, too. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Under the Never Sky! It's a great read. I like your list!

    Happy Reading
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so excited to read Shadow of Night!!

    Great list! The Rebel Wife and Northern Lights are both books that have been on my TBR list for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lonesome Dove is on my list too! And I should've added The Snow Child. It's been on my TBR for a while.

    A Northern Light is a beautiful, beautiful book. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list! I'll be reading the Deborah Harkness novel, too. Scarlett is on my wish list and Sloppy Firsts in on my shelf so I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete