- The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery - character driven and really unique!
- Room by Emma Donoghue - haunting.
- Snowflower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See - great story of friendship.
- Peace Like a River by Leif Enger - sooo beautifully written!
- Still Alice by Lisa Genova - made me cry buckets!
- The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister - cozy and delightful read!
- The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh - just lovely :)
- The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton - romance, intrigue, whimsy...this book has it all.
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro - heartbreaking.
- The Thirteenth Tale by Dianne Setterfield - great bookish mystery.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Top Ten Tuesday
The Broke and the Bookish, this week's topic: Top Ten Books I'd Recommend To Someone Who Doesn't Read Literary Fiction (some of these are technically historical fiction)
Labels: top ten tuesday