The Broke and the Bookish, this week's topic: Top Ten Characters in Foodie Fiction (to go along with my Foodie February month)!
1. Josh from Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler...*super swoon*!
2. Josey Cirrini in The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen...such a loveable character!
3. I liked all of the characters from The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister but especially restauranteur Lillian.
4. Fiery Gertrudis from Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel was a great secondary charadcter.
5. Young Mia in The Love Goddess' Cooking School by Melissa Senate
6. Jessamine from The Cookbook Collector by Allegra Goodman
7. Andy from Dinner, A Love Story by Jenny Rosenstrach...I'm cheating since Andy is a real person and not a character - but what can I say? I love it when a man cooks!
8. Rose in The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender...this book wasn't without some issues, but it still stays with me due to the unique premise of tasting people's emotions in food.
9. Bay from Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
10. Finn from The Lost Art of Mixing by Erica Bauermeister...who could resist an orphaned gentle giant who collects stories??