Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday Miscellany: Yard updates


Hey folks!  The Monday Miscellany segment on the blog is where I take off my reader glasses and share some non-bookish musings.  This week I want to talk about the improvements that we've made so far this spring!

Remember this??

Front yard:
  • As you can see we've really purtified our mailbox!  Now I just need to add some sweet potato leaf and flowers in the mailbox planter.
  • We re-did all of the plant beds.  They are now filled with hostas, heuchera, hydrangea, and a sprinkling of other ornamental plants and shrubs.  Also, my hubby spread all of the mulch himself this weekend - what a feat!
  • Killed the dandelions and re-seeded the lawn...I think our neighbors will be thankful not to look at our horrendous lawn anymore!
  • We removed the giant smoke bush that blocked our living room window...I was hoping to save this and re-plant it elsewhere but we weren't able to :(
  • Next up, paint that door red!
Anyone else spring cleaning or spring landscaping?

No comments:

Post a Comment