Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: All Time Faves from the past 3 years

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, this week's topic: Top Ten Favorites from the past 3 years (based on dates read, not publication date).  Without further ado, here's my list!

1. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell...such a unique little love story.  The characters, the dialogue - it's all fantastic!

2. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller - if you're a regular reader of this blog you know I LOVE this book to pieces!  Great retelling of the Iliad that throws you into an emotional roller-coaster chariot race.

3. The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach - don't be swayed by the baseball subject if you're not interested in baseball - this book is so much more!

4. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr - read this one recently and absolutely loved it!

5. Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt - this one requires tissues (at least it did for me) but well worth the cry.  Such a lovely coming-of-age story.

6. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel - super unique literary dystopian novel that bounces between viewpoints and timelines to tell a beautiful tale.

7. Firebird by Susanna Kearsley - love this historical fiction/chick lit that largely takes place in Russia and has two main storylines (one modern, one historical).

8. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - can't believe I waited to read this because it is an absolute gem of a book (especially for book nerds like myself).  It's a little bit historical fiction, a little bit gothic mystery, and a lot of awesome!

9. Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell - this mind and time bender isn't the easiest read but it is super fascinating, unique, and well worth the time invested!

10. Night Film by Marisha Pessl...super creepy thriller that will keep you flipping the pages frantically (but not too scary for weenies like myself).

9 comments:

  1. YAY!! Finally someone who has Shadow of the Wind. It took top spot on my my Top 10 of past 3 Years. I absolutely LOVED it and it sits at number 2 of my all time favorite books EVER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fangirl made my list too!! I read it in one very looong night bc it was so addicting. I've heard really good things about Station 11 and would like to read it too... especially since I've been into reading survivalist/post apocalyptic books lately :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do want to read The Song of Achilles. Hopefully this year! I loved Fangirl and I just bought Station 11. Glad to hear you liked it!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shadow of Wind made my list too! I loved how gothic mystery it was, and how aware of that it was. ^_^ I'm excited for your endorsement of Tell the Wolves I'm Home. I've had it on my to-read list for a while, but now that I know that it'll make me cry (my favorite kind of book) I've bumped it up the list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read almost every one of these and love them! Shadow of the Wind is one of my all-time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I loved The Song of Achilles. It was one of my absolute favourite books of last year. Nobody warned me and I read it on a train - ended up crying to myself and hoping nobody noticed :/

    I wasn't that keen on Tell the Wolves I'm Home or Station Eleven though. I felt the former was a little emotionally manipulative, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought Night Film a few months ago as I just had to have a copy on my shelves. I have yet to read it but hopefully will get to it this summer. I also have heard only great things about Station Eleven. Great list and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Must say, all books that you have written, was amazing , i have all copies of it, and i loved all your books, Great work sir

    ReplyDelete