Hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. We share books that we've read over the past week and those we hope to read this week.
Last week I was apparently in the mood for some Regency-era novels and abandoned my original reading plans.
- The Mischief of the Mistletoe by Lauren Willig - I have now finally read all of the published novels in The Pink Carnation series!
- The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer - so much fun and Sophy is one of the most delightful characters!
- The Encyclopedia of Sandwiches by Susan Russo - decidedly delectable!
My library stack is climbing to epic proportions...must. read. library books. So, here's my plan:
- World War Z by Max Brooks
- Queen of Kings by Maria Dahvana Headley
- Ice Land by Betsy Tobin
- Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn
- and hopefully others...but I'm not holding my breath :)
Mailbox Monday is a touring meme where book bloggers share their bookish acquisitions from the week prior. It is hosted this month by Bluestocking.
This week I acquired one ARC book The Devil All the Time by Donald Ray Pollock
|What a cover!|
I also purchased an old childhood favorite of mine (it's not YA but rather, historical fiction) The Child from the Sea by Elizabeth Goudge.