Monday, June 13, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? & Mailbox Monday


Hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.  We share books that we've read over the past week and those we hope to read this week.  

Last Week: 

I don't know what my deal was...but I was having a serious reading funk!  I'd pick up a book and it just wouldn't hold my interest.  But, I'd feel guilty and force myself to continue (at a snail's pace) because I'm a 1-book-at-a-time kind of person.  Then, I'd finally give up, vow to return to it, and repeat the process.  Ugh, I'm pretty sure it's me - and not the books.  Anyways, I started about 5 different books but only finished one measly title.  Another Georgette Heyer novel - Cotillion (which I quite enjoyed)! 

This Week:
Hopefully I can get myself out of this funk and finish all of the books I've started (or at least some of them).  I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things with:
  • World War Z by Max Brooks...I'd really like to finish this one :)
  • Doc by Mary Doria Russell
  • and I'd really like to read my new Ann Patchett book (see below)!


Mailbox Monday is a touring meme where book bloggers share their bookish acquisitions from the week prior.  It is hosted this month by Bluestocking.


This week I acquired two ARCs:

First up, State of Wonder by Ann Patchett (courtesy of the publisher).  I'm really excited about this one!  I've never read her before but have heard amazing things about her writing.


Also, I received The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh (via LibraryThing).  I've read several rave reviews from bloggers about this one...so now I'm doubly excited!


If you're hopping through...be sure to enter my latest giveaway!

9 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to read The Language of Flowers, it looks great. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked State of Wonder! I know about that reading funk. So weird. That's when you turn to your kids' books. Especially Berenstein's B Book. It makes everything brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Language of Flowers sounds really good. I hate those reading funks but we all go through them, hope this week is better.

    Dollycas
    http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Language of Flowers sounds good.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/mailbox-monday-repairing-rainbows-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your books! I celebrated 24 years of keeping a book diary. The flu kept me from reading at my usually insane pace but I did finish some books. Come see what they were.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read State of Wonder. It seems like an interesting premise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen both of these books in many mailboxes lately. I am thinking they both must be great reads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. State of Wonder is on a lot of mailbox lists this week so I'm looking forward to reviews. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading State of Wonder now and really enjoying it. I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete