Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Library Loot: June 9-15


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Marg (Reading Adventures) and Claire (The Captive Reader) that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.

World War Z by Max Brooks...I've got two words for you: zombie apocalypse :)

Queen of Kings by Maria Dahvana Headley...a mix of Cleopatra's story and vampirism - so far its very disturbing and depressing!

Doc by Mary Doria Russell - love this author and I'm so excited to read this one!

6 comments:

  1. I'm having a fit to read World War Z by Max Brooks! I LOVE zombies. So jealous...my library is always chedked out of this one.

    ~Asheley T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you, zombies AND vampires in one week! I'm up for almost any kind of apocalypse book so, even though my general interest in zombies is low, I've been keeping an eye out for World War Z at my library. I'm not familiar with Mary Doria Russell but seeing her name on the Doc cover instantly brought to mind Laurie R. King's excellent Mary Russell series.

    Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doc sounds interesting - I haven't heard of this author so maybe her books don't reach this far.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Asheley - I know! I need to start reading it ASAP :)

    @ Claire - If you're not familiar with M. D. Russell...I highly suggest The Sparrow! It's a great book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really, really want to read Doc too. I love Russell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an eclectic little mix of books. Zombie apocalypse, vampirism in the time of Cleopatra and the last one is a western, is that right? Fun mix! Enjoy your loot, Kat. :)

    ReplyDelete