The Broke and the Bookish, this week's topic: Top Ten Books I'd Quickly Save If My House Was Going To Be Abducted By Aliens. Yikes - this is difficult...here goes nothing!
1. I'm wavering between Catcher in the Rye and Franny and Zooey which are both by J. D. Salinger - can I cheat and have both??
2. Again, I can't decide between two books from a favorite author...do I go for the more famous book or for my favorite? This time the contest lies between Tender is the Night and The Great Gatsby, both by F. Scott Fitzgerald. In case aliens actually do abduct my house, I need to be more firm in my decisions!
3. For sentimental reasons I would save Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach. This was read to me by my father when I was a kiddo and was his mother's favorite book.
4. My wedding photo album...if I'm taking this topic seriously then this would definitely be a "book" I save from destruction.
5. The His Dark Materials series (I have a lovely boxset) - it's just fabulous and is easily re-readable!
6. My vintage cloth-bound copy of Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
7. The Chronicles of Narnia series by C. S. Lewis - All of the installments are in a one-book anthology...so technically it's not cheating :)
8. I would have to take The Dinner Doctor by Anne Byrne with me - I cook almost exclusively from this lovely cookbook.
9. The Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness...I'm cheating with all of the series that I'm including - I'm such a book hog!
10. The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe