The Broke and the Bookish, this week's topic: Top Ten Books That Broke Your Heart.
1. Shanghai Girls by Lisa See - this is the saddest, most depressing book I've ever read. Honestly, it was a bit too devastating for me (although I love her other novel Snow Flower and the Secret Fan).
2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - holy crap I cried when I read this book!
3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - I know a lot of folks have yet to read this...so all I'll say is that yep, tears fell whilst reading this fantastic novel.
4. The Postmistress by Sarah Blake - any WWII book is likely to be a tearjerker and this one did not disappoint.
5. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro -you must ready yourself for depressing thoughts (and have some Kleenex handy) when you read this book...it's a heartbreaker!
6. What is the What by Dave Eggers - a book about the lost boys of Sudan...'nuff said.
7. Still Alice by Lisa Genova - get ready to cry when you read this one!
8. The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons - talk about a tragic romance - this about ripped my heart out of my chest cavity...several times!
9. Delirium by Lauren Oliver - the ending devastated me!
10. Habibi by Craig Johnson - a very tragic graphic novel...yet hope somehow prevails in the end.