Friday, February 3, 2012

Foodie February

I love reading foodie fiction - it's just so cozy!  Some of my past favorites include The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister, The Cookbook Collector by Allegra Goodman, The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen, and The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake - but I'm hungry for more!  So, I decided to have February be my themed month of reading foodie fiction.  Here's my TBR for this delectable month (in no particular order):

  • Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel
  • The Provence Cure for the Brokenhearted by Bridget Asher
  • Blackberry Wine by Joanne Harris
  • A La Carte by Tanita S. Davis
  • The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand
  •  How to Bake a Perfect Life by Barbara O'Neal
  • Tomato Rhapsody: A Novel of Love, Lust, and Forbidden Fruit by Adam Schell 

    If anyone would like to join in and read some mouth-watering books, please do!  I'll also write some cookbook reviews and at the end of the month I will host a foodie book giveaway (book TBD)!  Yum, I can't wait to start!


    If you want to join in the foodie fun, please feel free to add foodie reviews and/or giveaways any time this month in the linky below.

    4 comments:

    1. This seems like fun! Unfortunately, my February is already over-booked in terms of books, so I will just have to stop by and see what everyone else is reading.

      I read Like Water for Chocolate in undergrad for a multicultural lit class, and I remember enjoying it. It is very different, and I wasn't super familiar with magical realism, but if you like those sort of things, the book is great. My mom only reads realistic fiction and memoirs, so she hated it.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Just read a great book on Paris and all the goodies you can find there. this is not a novel, but have a look at my review, if you have a sweet tooth, this is for you!: http://wordsandpeace.com/2012/02/01/i-love-france-14-review-6-2012-paris-my-sweet/

      ReplyDelete
    3. I love, love, love foodie fiction! I can't wait to see what everyone else is reading. I'm not sure how much I will get to this month!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Love Foodie Fiction, too! What a fun challenge. I read and love all Sarah Addison Allen's book, really liked The School of Essential Ingredients, and have a stack of others that speak to me and I pick up whenever I'm at the bookstore :)

      ReplyDelete