The Broke and the Bookish, this week's topic: Top Ten Books I'd Hand to Someone Who Says They Don't Like to Read.
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I've recommended this book/series to many "non-readers" as it is quite the page turner and has a wide appeal.
2. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger - one of the best literary romances out there!
3. The Help by Kathryn Stockett - this is another novel that is a compelling read with wide appeal.
4. The Rossetti Letter by Christi Phillips - the mystery and romance aspects of the book keeps the pages turning while the historical elements engage the mind!
5. Soulless by Gail Carriger - definitely a book to recommend to supernatural lovers...this is a super-engaging read.
6. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - for the friend who loves chick flicks...give her a much superior bookish example with this novel.
7. Shades of Milk and Honey by Mary Robinette Kowal - for the friend who loves all of the Austen film adaptations.
8. Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner - for the non-reader who you suspect might enjoy non-fiction over fiction...this is a super-fun and enlightening read!
9. His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman - simply because it's one of my favorite YA reads!
10. Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse - for the non-reader who would enjoy some spiritual depth.