Friday, July 6, 2012

TGIF! Comfort Reads


Ginger over at GReads created this fantastic TGIF meme featuring a question and a weekly recap. 
 
This Friday's Question:
Comfort Reads: Which books do you go to for comfort & familiarity?  
Is there a type of book you seek out when you're needing that extra bit of comfort in your life?


I looove rereading L. M. Montgomery's The Blue Castle for a comfort read (especially on a rainy day).  It has beautiful descriptions of Canadian landscapes as well as a darling little romance.

Anything by Sarah Addison Allen is a great comfort read - Southern settings, magic, and relationships all rolled into each book.

Foodie Fiction books! A particular favorite is The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister.

5 comments:

  1. Sarah Addison Allen just made it to my TBR. Damn it. All of you evil bookbloggers with your darn posts and recommendations and reviews and in the end I'm all alone, with nothing to eat anymore cause I spend all my money on books. XD

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm not sure how I've never read "The Blue Castle," I love all of LM Montgomery's other books. I'll definitely have to check this one out!

    Here's my TGIF post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Sarah Addison Allen in the back of my mind as someone I really want to read but haven't, and I want to start with one in particular, The Sugar Queen (?). I think that is one that is set in NC particularly. Anyway, it's funny to see her on your post because someone just recommended her to me AGAIN yesterday. I keep getting her name mentioned to me, which means eventually I need to break down and just read her books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah Addison Allen - that's an author that I have yet to try. I've heard good things about her though, so I look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I haven't read any of the books you mentioned, so I'll have to look into them some more. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete