The Broke and the Bookish, this week's topic: Top Ten Best Sequels Ever.
1. The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss...this sequel I actually liked better than the first novel in the series which never seems to happen - but Rothfuss just keeps getting better!
2. The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley...love McKinley's strong female protagonists and this story was one of my faves growing up.
3. To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis...I didn't even realize this was the 2nd book in a series because it stands alone so well.
4. The Crowded Shadows by Celine Kiernan...I really loved this lesser-known YA fantasy trilogy and the second installment had me glued to my couch flipping pages like mad.
5. The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness...if you're a regular reader of my blog then you know that I absolutely LOVE this trilogy!
6. The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart...who doesn't love the Arthurian legend? This series knocks my socks off!
7. The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman...one of the best YA trilogies out there (IMHO) and the second book is amazing.
8. The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig...such a fun series filled with intrigue and romance!
9. The Black Cauldron by Lloyd Alexander...one of my fave authors as a kid, this second book in the Chronicles of Prydain is fantastic.
10. The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson...this thriller trilogy had me staying up well into the wee hours of the morning!