Hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. We share books that we've read over the past week and those we hope to read this week.
Last Week:I actually got more reading accomplished last week than I did during my read-a-thon week - ha! Helps to finally have a weekend at home :)
- The Restorer by Amanda Stevens...super-fun!
- The Iron King by Julie Kagawa...fairytale-fun :)
- The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa...trying to read the whole series so I can read the latest ARC
- The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons...heart-wrenching epic love story (read this one thanks to The Book Garden's enthusiastic review)
I've been reading The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan (I promise!) but the beginning, while extremely well-written, is just so slow. I'm having a hard time reading more than about 10 pages at a go because nothing's really happening. BUT I read some other reviews and saw that others have said the first half is slow and the second half is completely different - so I'm plugging along (plus I've seen all the rave press on this book so I know it's got to get awesome here shortly). Besides finishing this up, I plan on reading (some of) these books:
- Sister Mischief by Laura Goode (my childhood best friend is the author - so excited for this!!)
- Castle Waiting by Linda Medley
- What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
- St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves by Karen Russell
- Karma by Cathy Ostlere
- The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
Mailbox Monday is a touring meme where book bloggers share their bookish acquisitions from the week prior. It is hosted this month by A Sea of Books.
This week I received some great ARCs!
The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa
Domestic Violets by Matthew Norman