Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Day #3

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon

So, I did much better yesterday than I had on day #1 but...I still wish I had read a bit more :)  Here's my stats from yesterday:

The Cypress House by Michael Koryta: 173 pages read (still unfinished)
When She Woke by Hillary Jordan: 202 pages read (still unfinished...but not for long!)


I know I didn't list When She Woke originally in my readathon pile...but that's because I just received the ARC in the mail.  I was so excited to read it that I decided to open it up right away!  I'm usually a one-book-at-a-time kinda gal, but I figured the readathon requires a bit more variety.  I'm hoping that this last day is the most productive and I read like a madwoman!  Happy reading!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's Mini-Challenge

For today's challenge we are asked to recommend any book of our choice as well as recommend our favorite book from the read-a-thon.  So, here's my recommendations:

Any book of choice: A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness

Witches, daemons, vampires, wine, yoga and scholarly pursuits - so much fun!  This is the first novel in what is sure to be a fantastic trilogy. 

Favorite book from the readathon: When She Woke by Hillary Jordan

A compelling dystopian retelling of The Scarlet Letter that will haunt you long after you've read the last page!

No comments:

Post a Comment