Monday, September 12, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? & Mailbox Monday


Hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.  We share books that we've read over the past week and those we hope to read this week.  

Last Week:
This past week I read a bunch of YA:
  • The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
  • White Cat by Holly Black
  • Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

This Week:
Last week I ignored my library stack in favor of previously purchased books...but time to get back to it!  Here's what my reading choices are:

  • Kissing the Witch by Emma Donoghue
  • Sister Mischief by Laura Goode
  • Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok
  • Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Mailbox Monday is a touring meme where book bloggers share their bookish acquisitions from the week prior.  It is hosted this month by Amused By Books.

This week I purchased some really fun reads:

Soon I Will be Invincible by Austin Grossman

I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith

Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel

Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey

The Game of Kings by Dorothy Dunnett

14 comments:

  1. I loved the movies of Howl's Moving Castle and Like Water for Chocolate but I haven't read either book.
    Have a great reading week. Mine is at http://www.spiritblog.net/?p=3618.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, great books. I loved Unearthly, I hope you did too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear Like Water for Chocolate is very good. I hope you enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked White Cat and have just started Red Glove. Have another great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Capture the Castle is one of my niece's favortie reads. I need to read that one myself one of these days. Have a great week and enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Water for Chocolate is a wonderful read. I also really liked The Game of Kings- great books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know anything about Soon I Will Be Invincible but that cover looks so cool.

    ~Asheley

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower here!

    These all seem like great and interesting reads, especially Howl's Moving Castle. Thanks for sharing.

    Here are my Monday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are all new-to-me books but they look good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read Girl In Translation last May and enjoyed it a lot. Actually, last week, my public library organized a book discussion outside the library, in a tea shop, how cool is that!, and that was on this book! we were 12. great discussion.
    my review is here:
    http://wordsandpeace.wordpress.com/2011/05/23/girl-in-translation/
    Emma @ Words And Peace

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read Like Water For Chocolate a long time ago. I think it was the first magical realism I read. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved I Capture the Castle when I read it years ago. Enjoy all of your new reads.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to read I capture the castle!

    ReplyDelete