Friday, September 23, 2011

TGIF


Ginger at GReads created this fantastic TGIF event featuring a question and a weekly recap.

This Friday's Question:

Reading Challenges: Did you sign up for any this year? 
How has your progression been?

A: Yep!  I signed up for two reading challenges this year.

First, I signed up for the Goodreads 2011 Challenge which simply challenges you to read a certain number of books (your choice) by the end of the year.  My progress thus far:
Originally, I challenged myself to read 100 books, but since I've exceeded 100 I thought I'd up the number!

Also, I signed up for Introverted Reader's Southern Literature Challenge (which asks you to read and review up to 4 books that take place in the South) because there are quite a few of these books that I'd really like to read.

So far, I've read and reviewed The Help.  I've also read every Sarah Addison Allen book and plan on reviewing one (I can't decide between The Girl Who Chased the Moon or The Sugar Queen).  So, I have two more books to read and review to complete this challenge!

Next year I plan on joining a lot more challenges, any recommendations?  Have a super-duper weekend folks!  I know I will as my family is coming to town and we're all attending the awesome Lotus World Music & Arts Festival!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I am impressed with your challenge to read 120 books! I have read about 75 so far this year, that is really good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through a southern phase after reading Gone with the Wind. Did some Sarah Addison Allen and The Help along with that, then graduated to Beach Music by Pat Conroy. Started Delta Wedding and lost my Southern gumption ;) Wish I would have see this challenge earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't do any challenges this year (new to blogging) but I am on the lookout for a few good ones for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Follower Here- I love the title of your blog! I will have to look into the southern challenge! Being from the south that seems like it would be interesting for me!

    Check out my response at Gimme The Scoop Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure the Dystopia Challenge will run again in 2012. She did it last year and this year, so apparently it is a yearly thing...

    ...and I don't think dystopian literature is going anywhere anytime soon!!

    ~Asheley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I'm nuts, but I signed up for 9 challenges this year. 4 are done, and I'm way over the requisite titles on 3 more. see my list here, and click on each logo to see all the titles I read for each: http://wordsandpeace.wordpress.com/my-reading-challenges/
    Emma

    ReplyDelete