Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday Hop

Book Blogger Hop

The Book Blogger Hop hosted by crazy-for-books.com.  Click on the icon above to be taken to a list of book blogs...it's enjoyable to peruse and you may just find a couple of fun blogs to follow!  This week's question:


“What are you most looking forward to this fall/autumn season – A particular book release? Halloween? The leaves changing color? Cooler temperatures? A vacation? (If your next season is other than fall/autumn, tell us about it and what you are most looking forward to in your part of the world!)”


My Answer:  Halloween of course!  It's only my most favorite holiday!  While I love all things Halloweenie I especially like hangin' with my lil' sis (14 years my jr.) and helping her make her Halloween costume.  Last year she wanted to be Sally from A Nightmare Before Christmas and after a trip to Goodwill and JoAnn Fabrics this is what we created:
Cutest lil' Sally you ever did see!


This year she wants to be a Garden Gnome...so the creative process should be verrry interesting!  What are you folks up to this fall?

7 comments:

  1. Fall is my absolute favorite and I adore Halloween - what a great Sally costume - I recognized it immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that costume! I am so not good at making costumes for my kids. I always end up buying them. Wish I had your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable costume! Homemade Halloween costumes are the absolute best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week’s question is perfect for Labor Day weekend with the “official” end of summer and all.

    I’m all about fall! I love all four seasons and I’m sorry to see summer go (I hope to get in a few more swims in my pool) but I’m also amped up for Autumn.

    Why?

    For most of the same reasons we all like autumn – fall foods, Halloween, the chill in the air, changing leaves and candy corn. But I’ve got a scary slant to why I’m angling for autumn. Hop on over to my book blog at http://www.howardsherman.net to read all about the murder, mayhem, seriously spooky stuff and even some BSP!

    Happy Labor Day Weekend!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm more of a winter/Christmas kind of girl, but I have to say I love the Sally costume! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my first year living in real Halloween country and I'm going to miss it!!! But what a fabulous outfit.

    http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/09/book-blogger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just hopping through. Friday Post!

    Every time I see your blog title it cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete