Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Top Ten Tuesday: Deserted Island Books
Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, this week's topic: Top Ten Books I'd Want On a Deserted Island
1. A Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss - this one is a little more action packed than The Name of the Wind - also it's longer and I think length is important when you only get to have 10 books.
2. To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis - again, this is a pretty lengthy book and it will fulfill any sci-fi or comedy of error yens I may have.
3. Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen - gotta have a book that's great for rereading over and over again!
4. His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman - because I'm a cheat and I know you can get all three stories in one volume now :)
5. Still Alice by Lisa Genova - for when I want a good cry.
6. Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson - for when I want a good laugh.
7. Siddhartha by Herman Hesse - for some spiritual enlightenment.
8. The Bible - again it's super lengthy and I've never read the entire book.
9. Ulysses by James Joyce - because why not get ambitious when you're stuck on an island?
10. SAS Survival Handbook by John Lofty Wiseman - this will likely be the most used book.
Labels: top ten tuesday