Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My 5 Self-Challenges for 2013


I haven't joined any challenges this year mostly because I want to meet my own, very specific, goals for 2013.  Hopefully I can look back at this year and be proud that I accomplished what I set out to read for the year.  Here are my 5 Self-Challenges for 2013:

1.  Read at least 100 books.  Last year was a slow reading year for me due to a bunch of life changes.  This year, I hope to get back on the reading track and put a dent in my towering TBR list!

2.  Read some chunksters that I've been avoiding - I'm looking at you Art of Fielding, The Game of Thrones, and The Mists of Avalon.

3.  Read all of my purchased e-books.  Lots of times I'll buy e-books due to a great sale/deal and then they'll just linger on my e-reader...I want to make sure I've read all of these suckers by the end of 2013!  So look out for reviews of Feed, Scorpio Races, Skellig, Kindred, The Goose Girl, And All the Stars, Mudbound, The Apothecary's Daughter, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, The Girl with Glass Feet, and Major Pettigrew's Last Stand.

4.  Read at least half of my Foodie TBR shelf for Foodie February 2013!

5.  Read more from my shelves at home...sooooo many MUST READ books.  How about American Gods or Handmaid's Tale??

What about you guys/gals?  Anyone have a specific self-challenge for the year?

5 comments:

  1. Handmaid's Tale is on my TBR list too. Good luck with your goals for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Art of Fielding is fantastic- it will fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to focus more on reading the books and ebooks that I own!

    I'm excited for Foodie February!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices! I've also been avoiding those chunksters so I can empathize with that. The Handmaid's Tale was so so good and I finally got Miss Peregrine's Home.. off of my ereader as well! Good luck with your challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. American Gods. YES.
    The Scorpio Races. YES.
    Also, I just bought The Mists of Avalon! That's a big doorstopper addition to my to-read stacks this year! I'm totally getting it done too, at some point. It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete