I haven't joined any challenges this year mostly because I want to meet my own, very specific, goals for 2013. Hopefully I can look back at this year and be proud that I accomplished what I set out to read for the year. Here are my 5 Self-Challenges for 2013:
1. Read at least 100 books. Last year was a slow reading year for me due to a bunch of life changes. This year, I hope to get back on the reading track and put a dent in my towering TBR list!
2. Read some chunksters that I've been avoiding - I'm looking at you Art of Fielding, The Game of Thrones, and The Mists of Avalon.
3. Read all of my purchased e-books. Lots of times I'll buy e-books due to a great sale/deal and then they'll just linger on my e-reader...I want to make sure I've read all of these suckers by the end of 2013! So look out for reviews of Feed, Scorpio Races, Skellig, Kindred, The Goose Girl, And All the Stars, Mudbound, The Apothecary's Daughter, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, The Girl with Glass Feet, and Major Pettigrew's Last Stand.
4. Read at least half of my Foodie TBR shelf for Foodie February 2013!
5. Read more from my shelves at home...sooooo many MUST READ books. How about American Gods or Handmaid's Tale??
What about you guys/gals? Anyone have a specific self-challenge for the year?