Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, this week's topic: top ten books I hope Santa Brings.  Oooh!  This is a difficult one...does Santa realize how many books I want??  Okay, here goes nothing:

1. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - a wildly popular gothic suspense book!

2.  Among Others by Jo Walton - this novel combines elements of science fiction, fantasy, coming-of-age tale, and memoir!

3.  Case Histories by Kate Atkinson - I've heard countless people state that this mystery series is not to be missed!

4.  Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys - many bloggers have named this one of their favorites of 2011 and I want to see what the fuss is about!

5.  Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater - I've heard a lot of praise for all of Stiefvater's novels and would love to read her newest novel.

6.  Once Upon a River by Bonnie Jo Campbell - a coming-of-age story about a river odyssey of a young spunky girl (think, a female Huck Finn).

7.  If I Stay by Gayle Forman - I've only read glowingly positive reviews!

8.  The Lotus Eaters by Tatjana Soli - historical fiction about three combat photographers set in the midst of the Vietnam War.

9.  Cold Magic by Kate Elliott - this book (and series) has topped a lot of bloggers must-read lists which has me very curious!

10.  The Red Garden by Alice Hoffman - it's Alice Hoffman's magical realism at its (supposed) best!

9 comments:

  1. The Scorpio Races is one I've been trying to get my hands on for a long time. I've read mixed reviews, which fuels my fire. People either seem to love it or hate it. So I HAVE TO KNOW FOR MYSELF, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really want scorpio races as well. very interesting list!
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to read Once Upon a River too, it sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read The Shadow of the Wind a couple of years ago and loved it, I hope you do too. I really want The Red Garden. Hope your wishes come true!

    Mine is here:
    http://abookwormsblog1.blogspot.com/2011/12/tuesday-top-ten.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I stay is so so good :) I still need to read The Scorpio Races - I guess next year :) Hope Santa will listen to you wishlist and bring them to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, The Shadow of the Wind! I got that from my Broke and Bookish Secret Santa, and can't wait to devour it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through!

    It's always interesting to see each other's lists since we have such diverse taste. It's doubly great when we have a bit of similar taste, and there's a number of books in your lists I wouldn't mind getting too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read The Lotus Eaters last year (actually on the plane ride to my honeymoon). It was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I stay - AMAZ and I really want to read Among Others as well! I forgot about that one!

    ReplyDelete