- The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley
- A Cottage by the Sea by Ciji Ware
- Island of the Swans by Ciji Ware
- Frederica by Georgette Heyer
- Silent in the Grave (and sequels) by Deanna Raybourn
- The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory
I don't know what it is about historical fiction novels...but they truly are one of my favorite genres of books. Somehow they're both cozy and yet very enlightening. It's funny, I never much cared for history courses...but reading novels that bring history to life is quite a different matter.