Thursday, February 3, 2011

Latest Read: The Postmistress


From the publisher:

My two cents:
Great book...great book!  It made me cry about three times...the descriptions of the horrors of the Blitz as told via Frankie's radio show simply transported you to a place and time that is quite inconceivable (as I sit here comfortably on my couch).  If you are telling yourself, "I've read too many WWII books...I want something new."  Tell yourself to can it! ;)  This book along with Markus Zusack's The Book Thief are simply modern-day WWII must-reads.  I love the characters...my favorite being Frankie.  I'm having a hard time trying not to overindulge in gushing over this...can I just say, read it?  Seriously, check it out...it's heartbreaking, compelling and beautiful.

4/5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment