Monday, February 14, 2011

Latest Read: The Hunger Games Trilogy

It's been awhile since I've read a YA novel...I think the last time was The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (which I highly recommend).  I was drawn to The Hunger Games series due to the vast amount of adoration and raving over this trilogy.  I feared that I would once again fall prey to having my expectations too high to be met...but thankfully, I feel these books more than fully deserve their praise!


I really can't reveal too much plot without spoiling it for those who haven't read it.   I knew nothing about the books except for their praise and I liked it that way...so I'd rather not talk plot.  I will say that this is a really easy trilogy to read.  Sometimes I'm hesitant to start a series due to the time commitment required...but don't worry about that with these books.  All of the novels are relatively short and incredibly quick reads due to the amount of action packed into their pages.  My favorite book of the three was the first (but all are great...and you won't be able to resist picking up the following novels in the series).  My only complaint about the trilogy is that I wish the author had fleshed out the ending of the last book a bit more...it seemed a tad abrupt (but I still liked it).  Overall, I really recommend...such a fun read, interesting premise, and wonderful characters!

4.5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment