Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Latest Read: I Think I Love You

When I saw praise for this novel I thought it would be a perfect read around Valentine's Day!  I heard this book described as high-brow chick-lit...I hate the term "chick-lit" as it seems inherently demeaning somehow.  Anyways, I don't know how I would categorize this book...but it's definitely not just a tale of friends or shopping or whatever chick-lit is supposed to be about.  It's a really sweet story that deals with identity, fate, and the intensity of a crush on a teen idol.


The book has two storylines: one following a Welsh girl named Petra beginning when she was 13 and the other following a young man named Bill starting after college graduation.  Both stories intertwine at points and follow how the character's life is affected by the 70's teen heartthrob David Cassidy.  I think the author does a wonderful job accurately portraying the woes of being a female teenager.  The only complaint I could see people having is that the ending may be a little too perfectly happy...but I rather enjoyed it all the same.  A fun little read!
3/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment