Thursday, January 20, 2011

Recommended Reads from Past Years...

So, I realized that while I'm giving reviews of current reads that I enjoy...I haven't covered books that I've previously read that should definitely be on your "Must Read!" list (seriously...go run to your library and snatch these suckers up)!  A quick rundown of books that come to mind that cannot be missed:
Young Adult Books (I mean, people read Harry Potter so why not check these out too? Or, at least you know what to buy your kid/neice/grandchild for their birthday):
  • Anything by Robin McKinley (my favorite was The Blue Sword...gotta love strong female heroines)
  • Anything by Lloyd Alexander (especially The Chronicles of Prydain series)
  • Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials series (don't judge the books by The Golden Compass movie...it didn't come even close to matching the awesomeness of the books...in fact, it sucked)
  • I always loved Madeleine L'Engle books (A Wrinkle in Time (and sequels) as well as any books featuring Vicky Austin)
  • Lois Lowry novels (especially The Giver)

No comments:

Post a Comment