Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Southern Lit Reading Challenge!

Since it's the new year and I've vowed to try as many new things as possible this year...I've decided to take part in my very first reading challenge!  I was immediately drawn to The Introverted Reader's Southern Literature Challenge as I luuurve me some down South lit (I mean, Their Eyes Were Watching God, Prince of Tides...the list goes on)!  Here's my tentative list of what I'm hoping to read this year to fulfill this challenge...any 4 of the following:


  • I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou (I know, I know...I don't know why I haven't read this yet either)
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
  • Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver
  • The Lords of Discipline by Pat Conroy
  • With by Donald Harrington
  • Mudbound by Hillary Jordan
  • Beloved by Toni Morrison (I know...I'm a poor excuse of a reader for not having read this yet)
  • Also, plenty of long-neglected Faulkner on my shelves

What I love most about this challenge is it gives me the long-needed kick in the butt to read some of these great novels...can't wait!  If you have the time...join in the challenge!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining my challenge! You have some excellent books to choose from. I adore Sarah Addison Allen (she's a local girl!), I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, With, and Prodigal Summer. I intend to read Their Eyes Were Watching God myself. I hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete