Thursday, April 7, 2011

Latest Read: Kat, Incorrigible

Kat, Incorrigible is a seriously fun read!  I was searching around for a book that I could recommend to my little sister and came across this delightful YA novel. 


Publisher Summary:
In this prim and proper world, twelve-year-old Katherine Ann Stephenson is at a loss: Her sisters, Elissa and Angeline, have recently entered Society and now gossip incessantly in whispers; her foolish brother, Charles,has gambled the family deep into debt; and Stepmama wants nothing to do with them at all.  What can Kat do but take matters into her own hands?

Luckily Kat has inherited her mothers talents and has the courage to use them - if she can only learn how.  But with her sister Elissa's intended fiance, the sinister Sir Neville, showing a dangerous interest in Kat's magical potential; her sister Angeline creating romantic havoc with her own witchcraft; and a highwayman lurking in the forest, even Kat's reckless heroism will be tested to the utmost.  Will her powers be enough to win her sisters their true loves? 

Since I share my name with the young title character I had to see what this book is all about!  Take romantic endeavors gone awry (a la Jane Austen) mixed with a spirited young protagonist (like Pippi Longstocking or Anne Shirley), sprinkled with a little magic and you have a good sense of this charming read.  Kat is such a spunky and endearing character...watching someone constantly get in trouble has never been so fun!  I also loved her sister Angeline as she's equally as feisty.  Compulsively readable, I flew through this book in one sitting.  My only complaint is that the book ended far too soon!  Go out and read this book ASAP, you won't regret it!

4.5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment