Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Latest Read: The Word Made Flesh

It's not often that I review a non-fiction picture book but I won this beaut from a contest over at The Introverted Reader and had the pleasure of perusing its pretty pages (check out that alliteration)!


What a great book...wonderful photographs, interesting back stories and even my own lovely Bloomington was featured (thanks to a local tattooed bookworm)!  I also love that they showcase some E. E. Cummings tattoos as he's one of my most favorite poets.  My one complaint is that I wish it was longer.  While the editors did represent tattoos from more modern books, really the only ones shown were from the blockbuster Harry Potter series and Twilight series.  I would have loved to seen more modern fiction represented besides the aforementioned novels.  If you read this book and are also left wanting more, they have a blog that features literary tattoos tattoolit.com. Pretty nifty, eh?  All in all, I really enjoyed reading this book and seeing where others found inspiration from reading.

A little excerpt from the book for your viewing pleasure:
Line from Lady Windermere's Fan by Oscar Wilde
3.5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment