Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Kentucky Derby hat...handmade by moi!

Sorry about the absence of post yesterday!  Things have been crazy-busy with work, spring cleaning, doggy-walking, husband-chauffeuring and yoga bootcamp (that just started this week)!  Luckily I've still had plenty of time for reading and finished two books by the wonderful Robin McKinley (reviews to be posted soonly) and am currently savoring Just Kids by Patti Smith.  Since I have nothing bookish to talk about today I thought I'd post about my latest craft project.

So, my lovely friend Charlotte is attending the Kentucky Derby this year and asked me to make her hat (instead of paying some ungodly amount) and, of course, I jumped at the opportunity to do a bit of crafting!  Her dress is black and she wanted to incorporate red roses.  This is what I came up with:


Love the deep red...so lucky to have found some matching flowers and feathers!

No comments:

Post a Comment