Friday, May 13, 2011

A Few Hop-A-Longs for the Weekend

Book Blogger Hop

First up, the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Crazy-For-Books.com.  Click on the icon above to be taken to a list of book blogs...it's enjoyable to peruse and you may just find a couple of fun blogs to follow!  This week's question: Are you going to Book Expo America (BEA) and/or the Book Blogger Convention (BBC) this year?

Um, nope and nope.  While I'd love to go to both events, the hubs and I are still saving up a little nest egg - so a trip to New York is not really in the cards :(







Also, Happy Follow Friday!  Again click on the pic to be taken to a whole slew of new book blogs.  The question of the day: The Blogger Apocalypse made me a little emotional.  What is the most emotional scene in a book that you have read lately?

Welp, I just finished the wonderful Caleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks and there are two very emotional scenes that brought tears to my face.  One is very spiritual and intertwines all of the novel's main themes and the other is just plain sad.  I really can't say anymore without spoiling the book - sorry!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend - I'm off to a wedding!

5 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of the book, but I bet it was good one. I love emotional books!


    Rebecca @ kindle fever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I am starting to feel like I will be at BEA all by my lonesome! LOL I totally understand why you can't go. We are over the bridge so that makes is a bit easier. I LOVE your blog title. New follower here.

    Visit my Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started blogging about 2 months ago so I'm not sure this year would be the year for me to go. We'll see where I am next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the hop. As much fun as it would be to go, I'm starting to see that people just don't want to spend the money to get free books, which aren't really free if you consider how much it cost to go...maybe one day :) Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to go...I have never heard of these events until now, but I haven't been blogging for too long. :)

    Whoever gets to go...have fun.

    Hopefully I will get to go next year.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete