First up, the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Crazy-For-Books.com. Click on the icon above to be taken to a list of book blogs...it's enjoyable to peruse and you may just find a couple of fun blogs to follow!
"If you were given the chance to spend one day in a fictional world (from a book), which book would it be from and what would that place be?"
Wow, what a question! I'm not sure I can choose just one. My initial thought is to go with a fantasy pick...why stay in the regular ol' world, right? :)
An obvious choice would be to spend a day in Narnia. Who wouldn't love that? But maybe I'll choose Philip Pullman's Dark Materials series so I could see what kind of daemon I would have! No, actually, I think I would pick to live in Sarah Addison Allen's enchanting The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Mullaby, NC. I can see the quaint Southern streets in my mind's eye and taste the humid air laced with magic! Yes, I would love to spend a day there (especially to stop and see the miraculously changing wallpaper and taste one of Julia's sweet confections).
Also, Happy Follow Friday! Again click on the pic to be taken to a whole slew of new book blogs. The question of the day:
Q. It's circle time. Time for us to open up and share. Can you tell us FIVE quirky habits or things about you? We all have them...Hmmm...okay, here's my five:
- I hate orange juice, ketchup, BBQ sauce and I don’t really like brownies, chocolate cake or chocolate chip cookies…weird, I know.
- I cry in movies all the time. Once, I even cried during the previews.
- My feet are ridiculously accident-prone. A piece of wood floor splintered into my foot while I was sliding across the floor (let this be a cautionary tale to all you floor-sliders). I have also stepped on a thorn, a nail, and a sewing needle.
- Halloween is my ultimate favorite holiday. I love coming up with and wearing costumes – in recent years I have been Ace Ventura, a Freudian slip, Peg Bundy, and a garden gnome.
- When I was growing up there were these little moths that covered the fields by my house, I discovered that if you smashed them between your hands they turned into gold shimmery glitter. I thought this was fairy dust and chased these poor moths around so I could use their magic to help me fly – the flying thing never did happen for me :)