Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Heads You Lose


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading where you share a random snippet of your latest book.


My teaser from Heads You Lose by Lisa Lutz and David Hayward is from the email correspondence sandwiched in between each of the chapters.  While essentially this is a whodunit murder mystery (albeit an unconventional one), a lot of the most interesting and amusing moments come from the banter between the co-authors (who happen to be ex-lovers):

"Thank you for your generous offer of help.  But keep in mind that it's still early.  Try to be patient.  I'm reminded of all the weak lukewarm tea you've served me because you couldn't wait for the water to boil." pg. 44

6 comments:

  1. Ouch the two having this conversation are friends a line like "reminded of all the weak lukewarm tea you've served me because you couldn't wait for the water to boil" could sting. I like the line though.

    Bunnita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, lukewarm tea is pretty awful. Good teaser! This is one I'll have to look for.

    Here's my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, it does sounds funny!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol - I like that method of describing how impatient someone is :)

    My teaser is from The Rose Without A Thorn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser. I'm reading this one at the moment - loving it.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. excellent teaser.

    Here is mine, from The Fourth Stall by Chris Rylander - it is teaser-friendly - truly I opened it to a random page and picked this from that page.

    The two speakers are 6th-grade boys.
    "Is the Pope Catholic?"
    "I don't know, is he?"
    "Yeah. My grandma always says the Pope is Gouda, but I think that's a cheese and not a religion," Vince said while grinning. "Did you get Fred home okay?"
    "Yeah, the little kid actually saved me."

    ReplyDelete