Hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. We share books that we've read over the past week and those we hope to read this week.
I finally had some more free time last week and gladly got quite a bit of reading accomplished (thank goodness for long weekends, eh?).
- The Ladies of Missalonghi by Colleen McCullough (meh)
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (fun)
- Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion (uniquely awesome)
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan (fantabulous!)
- Divergent by Veronica Roth (amazing)
- One Thousand White Women by Jim Fergus (great historical fiction)
A lot of my holds at the library have gone through recently...so I have quite the little stack piled up. Thus, I'll need to get those suckers out of the way first. My reading plans:
- Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn
- Ice Land by Betsy Tobin
- The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
- The Soldier's Wife by Margaret Leroy
Mailbox Monday is a touring meme where book bloggers share their bookish acquisitions from the week prior. It is hosted this month by MariReads.
This week I acquired a hardcover copy of The Upright Piano Player courtesy of Doubleday
I also purchased two favorite books of mine: The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
and Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See