Hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. We share books that we've read over the past week and those we hope to read this week.
Again, I didn't accomplish as much reading as I'd like - sometimes life just gets in the way! I squeezed in some time for:
- Heads You Lose by Lisa Lutz and David Hayward (so funny)
- Attachments by Rainbow Rowell (such a cute lil' rom-com)
I'm hoping I'll read around 4 books or so...especially since I'll be spending the holiday weekend at home! I'd like to finish:
- Kindred by Octavia E. Butler
- The Soldier's Wife by Margaret Leroy
- The Good Thief by Hannah Tinti
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
Mailbox Monday is a touring meme where book bloggers share their bookish acquisitions from the week prior. It is hosted this month by MariReads.
This week I acquired two lovely book series:
First up, I decided I really needed to own Mary Stewart's Merlin series. I now have The Crystal Cave, The Hollow Hills, The Last Enchantment, and The Wicked Day sitting pretty on my shelves!
I also figured that I really should have one of my most favorite YA series on hand for rereading...so I bought the paperback boxset of Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy!
So pretty, right?!